We went down a little south of here to go bouldering today - while Sara labored away. It was awesome. Seriously. I think this park may have, in one day, changed much of my perspective of TX. There were trees. There were hills. There was green. There was rocks. There were other people outside, doing outside things. There were over a hundred bouldering routes. Seriously - it was really good to get out there today.
A few things:
I have no strength in my hands (ok, ok, it is more of a wide-spread problem than that).
Limestone can be fun to climb on.
Limestone can be sharp.
My hand hurt.
But just a few hours today will go a long way in building calluses!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Torn Pockets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh man am I jealous! Will you take me there when I come to visit you? I'm glad you're starting to like where you're going to be living for a long time!
ha, sure. And let's not get too carried away with things just yet. I only said it may have changed my perspective. :)
go to austin. there is "tons" of climbing there, at least by texas standards. we also climbed limestone the past two weekends. it rocked. get it?
This place is actually just a bit north of Austin, and a lot of the other people there actually came up from Austin. I think as far as bouldering goes, this is actually a pretty good place to go (since I have extensive experience with bouldering and all).
Indeed. Limestone is pretty rockin'.
hey, is the guy in this picture your buddy from summer project? is it...chris?
Nice, good call. It is actually Ben... him and his wife live here in the Dallas area.
Post a Comment