Mount Rainier!!!!! I hate to admit that when My Dad and I went it was the first time I have ever been inside the National Park before.Whew. I'm finally back in Saint Louis for my longest stint home (5 weeks!) since I originally left October 18 and have been in and out since. The trip was wonderful! I got to see almost all of my extended family thanks to an extended Oregon Health Science University interview weekend and taking the 2nd half of the 2nd step of my boards in California which was really nice! I also got to see many seeing amazing high school and college friends who it has been way too long since I have seen last! The weather in Washington for the most part made me forget that February is normally full of gray and rain instead of blue and sun. I had a good time doing a Pediatric endocrinology rotation at Seattle Children's Hospital. I got to spend a lot of time with my parents and my sister and her Aaron and of course my dog Clancy :) Overall a great trip!
Now I come home still having no idea what (more like where) the future holds for Aaron and I, but having just completed my last medical school test ever (hopefully my last....pretty sure I passed!). I come home to being reminded of how brown and cold st louis currently is. My 'rank list' is due in exactly 1 week...aaahhh! Prayers for discernment, wisdom, direction, maybe even a huge sign flying through the air telling me how to make it would be much appreciated. Flying in today I have to admit I was thinking, yay, only a few more months here, but then I think about all the wonderful friends I will have to say goodbye to as well as the things I have come to love about St Louis and start to realize how quickly the next few months will go by. Anyways, that will be for another post.
Here are some pictures of the time while I was gone.

Sunset from my parents deck My Dad walking around at Paradise on Mt Rainier
Sculpture Park along the Seattle waterfront
Leslie and Aaron
Sisters along the Seattle waterfront
3 comments:
welcome home!!! you have my fervent prayers!
Yay! I'm glad you had a great time at home and got back home safely. :) It's nice to have many homes, isn't it? I can't wait to catch up with you!
Cool, looks like fun! Glad you were able to spend time at home with your family and Clancy. I miss Gig Harbor I want to go sea kayaking again!
Post a Comment