Thursday, February 12, 2009

Come Around and Talk It Over


Come Around and Talk It Over, originally uploaded by a b franzen.

Day 56

So, I got to thinking how weird it is to take pictures of everything. Here I am taking and un-announced pic in the middle of a conversation...

On the other hand, to take a picture in a sense introduces a space of imposed ownership. I mean, the other night at the grocery store I was crouching all over and what not, yet people were apologizing for getting in my way... even though they were the ones being normal. You hold a camera and you seem to instantly take ownership of all of the space in front of you. Some don't want to 'mess up' the picture and will allow you to do your weird thing, and likely for the same reason some people get really annoyed or angry when they know theirs is taken...

Just a thought on taking pictures...

4 comments:

Hannah said...

hey! what is your skype address? ours is lhmcbrayer

aaron said...

Hey Hannah, the video chat is actually the free one through gmail. We aren't cool enough to have skype just yet.

Revcisco said...

Interesting insight. Have any of the management at the grocer approached you yet? A youth director in San Antonio ran into problems with their digital camera scavenger hunt at a grocery store.

aaron said...

Nah, I didn't have any run-ins with management.... but it was at like 9 or 10pm and the place was empty.