Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shade Tree


Shade Tree, originally uploaded by a b franzen.

So there has finally been a bit of a break in the rain around here. Over the last month and a half or so, we have had more rain than the typical yearly average. Each time it would rain there was flooding around as the ground was all saturated. The Trinity River outside of Dallas hit a high water mark (for now) of 30 ft.

This is a picture of probably one of the nicer quads on campus here. It is right outside of the building that has our offices in it. There are huge pecan trees all over and many of them have these swings on them. I didn't really notice when I was taking the picture that you could see this as well, but those bushes there spell out 'BAYLOR BEARS.' They are just starting in this picture, but right now around those bushes are these awesome bright yellow flowers blooming. I am glad for a no-rain week. I was going into motorcycle withdraws there!

1 comment:

Karen Franzen said...

Looks like a beautiful campus. I love the swings hanging from the trees.