our class is working on a large paper, piece by piece through the semester. this last week the first big part of it was due. I got a crazy number of emails and people coming by to talk about it (remember, this is relative to the number i usually get, so it isn't really all that crazy). one who came by was visibly stressed and worried about this paper. we talked over things a bit and i gave her some pointers and some examples of what we are looking for. she looked so scared of it that before she left i asked her if she was alright just to make sure she wouldn't cry in the hall or something like that.
i just graded her paper last night and it was one of the best ones in the stack. it was kind of funny, but i was totally proud of her. i was very happy to see her paper. she pulled through, actually listened to what i said, put the time in, and did a great job. it is just funny to me because i have never really worked with students like this before, so the experience of helping her get it and excel was new.
some of the other papers on the other hand....
2 comments:
good job! way to make a difference!
Haha, I smell what you're cookin'. I tried to teach my Korean students how to write research papers... I'm glad your coaching was successful!
Post a Comment