Tuesday, October 13, 2009

RAIN!

What the... the weather here has been totally crazy since we arrived. This summer was in like the top 5 hottest summers since TX has been keeping the records. Right now, it is unusually 'dreary' here, they say. So far this month, there has only been two days that there has not been some precipitation. What is up with that? More that than, there has not been much sun out either. It does make it a little bit of fun to leave and return to Dallas as the city looks cool with the tops of the buildings lost in a thick veil of fog.

Today it rain. Again. This time though, it was crazy heavy rain (ok, truth be told, there is not much middle ground when it comes to rain here). B's drive was all under like 3 inches of standing water and everyone on the highway was only driving like 40 mph. This time, unlike that last time I complained about it, it was for good reason. The rain was so heavy that I think the visibility was only like 50 ft or so. Sure is a good thing that we got Rex's (sara's car) trunk all sealed up! Also a good thing that I wore my Chacos today. The road I had to park on was a veritable river!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Quit yur whinin'! ;)

aaron said...

I was just stating the fact of the weather mixed with some personal surprise... neither of which are really whinin'... dang.

Also, i discovered that the trunk is not totally sealed, apparently.