Saturday, August 22, 2009

600 and counting

this week i put over 600 miles on the motorcycle. in one week. wait - no, in 3 days. i am hoping that my butt adjusts to this quicker than it has decided to so far, or else it may be a more painful experience than i had expected. a few quick things i have learned over the past week:

- texans like to speed. if they don't like to speed, they like to be the turtle on the road holding everyone up.

- those turtle - they like to camp out in the left hand lane on the highway, apparently oblivious to the fact that even trucks barely going the speed limit are passing them on the right. who does that?!

- i have re-joined the instant community that a motorcycle provides you with. all bikes wave to each other as if we all knew each other. that is kind of fun. CO does not do this and it was surprisingly really annoying that bikers in CO are asses like that. i felt like the kid from a small town that is personally offended when not everyone waves back when they go to the city. TX wins that one, no competition.

- buying gas twice a day will get old fast.

3 comments:

doons said...

i must disagree. i got waved at 99% of the time in CO. maybe i am just sexier than you. and do your fanny a favor and get a corbin seat.

thaddeus said...

gassing up twice a day would get old in a hurry!

I do have to admit, I usually get waved at in CO... just sayin'

ride safe, my friend

aaron said...

ok, it is true, 4 or so people in CO did wave at me. But maybe that is totally spurious and most of the time they do. Or maybe I happened to see all of the guys who happened to be looking at something else. Or maybe it is only I-25 and the side roads I was on. Maybe I sit shorter on the bike than you, Landon. You are obviously not sexier, so that can't be it. :) Who knows, all very good possibilities. TX still wins that one though, sorry.

I do need to get a corbin seat though... I talked to some guy who had a sheet skin or something like that on his seat and said it makes a bit difference and it is cheaper... who knows.