So, sometimes I think I have a really addictive personality... kind of. I get really into things, but then I seem to also loose interest in a lot of things. Gambling is an example. I have done it like 2 times and i get real into it, having a hard time stopping, and then I hit some invisible threshold and quickly hate the whole thing for taking my $3 back away from me. jerks.
Anyways, I have started to read the Twilight series and have had a hard time living normal life since. Each of those books are like 500 or something pages and I have read the first three in a little over a week. I know. Grieve for me like the wife does... but I am done until like Thanksgiving break now. No more reading that kind of stuff unless I am on a break. It would be a big problem for school!
Speaking of which, orientation is tomorrow and that kind of totally freaks me out. I got my TA assignment (undergrad social research) and apparently I even have office hours for the kiddies. Something that is kind of cool is that they submit their papers to me electronically, and this system automatically checks the paper against some database for any plagerization. How far we have come.
On a totally unrelated note, tonight I pulled up to a stop light next to a Lamborghini. On the bike. I was able to resist. Mostly. I think it was either borrowed, rented, or brand new because he seemed to struggle a bit with the clutch on the beast.
3 comments:
when i started reading the twilight series i gave up sleep until i was finished with all 4. rediculous how they pulled me in - i just knew that if i didn't read them all, i wouldn't be able to concentrate on real world things, so i got through with them as quick as i could. ha! can't believe you read them, nerd.
have fun at orientation tomorrow! landon's is tomorrow too and we're excited. the pics of your time in CO are awesome.!
I too can't believe you read 3 of that series already. I hate to tell you, but they are a big hit in the 3rd and 4th graders even. I have one student that has read the first 3 also. I never knew you liked fiction. I am glad you took a break from those incredibly "boring" books you sometimes read. lol Let us know how orientation went. Wow, you get to have students too. Lucky you.
hannah, you're the... nerd.
actually, mom, hannah has pointed out that the majority of the Twilight readers are in the 20 - 30 age group. you just have an advanced class. besides, i read fiction, but just the best of the best.
Post a Comment