The last night I stayed at a rest stop in Amarillo, TX, which was interesting. I slept under a picnic shelter on concrete and got eaten alive by mosquitos. A security guards (yep, 24 hour security!) told me that they have been having a terrible time with mosquitoes because they have been getting a lot of rain. Anyways, my face and body had bites all over the place, with the addition of one pretty good size spider bite. So, I fought the bugs all night, tried to sleep totally sealed in a much-too-warm mummy bag, and then a massive thunderstorm came along. It was actually nice though... cooled things down a lot, but didn't help with the sleep thing. I got up before sunrise to start out. one of the best things I have ever done. The sunrise that morning was absolutely stunning, and it lingered for a long time because of all the clouds that were out. It was a very, very deep red; like the red of the inner part of a peach.
Here are a bunch of pics from the trip though...

Landon getting ready to repel...


Sara reading on the boat in the San Juans....


Lopez Island Winery

Me getting ready to ride Buddy, the scooter!

The sunset on the last night in Amarilly, TX.
2 comments:
Hooray for scooters, hooray for road trips, and hooray for you being my awesome friend! :)
hey sara, nice book. are you ready to come visit yet?
Post a Comment