Sunday, July 12, 2009

Two beautiful Days!

It is amazing how much I used to take weekends for granted. Days completely off for granted even. This weekend I finally had a day off after working 17 straight days. Given, i'd gotten off at 12 or 1 pm on the 2 weekends I had worked prior (although one of those days I'd worked a 30 hour shift so my afternoon "off" was spent sleeping), so it wasn't like I had worked 10 hours a day for 17 days, but still, not sleeping in I think was what was getting me the most.

The weekend surpisingly didn't fly by either. Yesterday after getting to sleep in, go running in the morning when the thermometer hasn't topped 90 yet, and a few errands we headed an hour or so South East to experience some Dallas camping. Apparently there are really no real lakes in Texas, only resevoirs, so we spent the afternoon floating around and laying out beside a muddy resevoir. Not too bad though. Although it was a little hot for camping, it wasn't too bad among the trees with a bit of a breeze and was so nice to get away from Dallas into the beautiful outdoors for a while. And the mosquitos weren't swarming like I thought they might. They are much worse outside on our patio (from the stagnant creek that runs beneath our patio). Today after some fire cooked pancakes we drove back, ran some errands and went to a church that I think we will call home. The church got picked mostly be default as we needed a church that had an evening service and this was one of the few. Its got a good age mix though and lots of various ministry opportunities, so we're hoping we can get more involved.

I feel so rejuvenated after these days off! And doctoring is getting easier each day. I now know more about the functioning of the hospital and how to use the computer system a little better, so they days themselves are not so hard and draining. Here's to another golden weekend (2 days off in a row) in 2 more weeks!

2 comments:

Karen Franzen said...

I'm so glad you had an opportunity to get out of Dallas for part of your weekend. It sounds like you are getting into some sort of a routine now and feeling maybe like a real doctor even. Aaron's latest Nova Scotia pics are absolutely beautiful! Maybe we'll have to vacation there sometime.

Krista said...

Sara Franzen, you're my hero!