Thursday, July 23, 2009

Today is a GOOD day

Every morning I get to work and we page the nightfloat person to tell them we are there so they can come checkout to us (ie tell us what happened with our kids overnight). Lately we've been trying to think of things more creative, than "hey, we're upstairs whenever you're ready", so today's message was "today is a GOOD day, and we've got a present for you" (brownies one of my colleagues made). And it was a good day. With Aaron being gone (he is in Colorado for two weeks visiting friends and family) it has started a cascade of missing things. First missing him, then missing my friends from med school, then missing friends from college and high school, then just missing having friends in general, missing my family, missing my adorable dog, missing mountains and water and lots of green trees...the list goes on. But in the midst of my heart aching that those I care about are so far away and it is so blasted hot here all the time, it was still a good day. I went for a run on a paved trail that runs through the city and it was fabulous. It started raining while I was running, which was such a welcome blessing...reminding me of home, making the temperature bearable to run in, and overall incredibly refreshing. I ran along the trail amidst tons of other runners, bikers, dog walkers, etc and felt ok about this place and my job. I'm still getting used to being a doctor and many days feel hopelessly overwhelmed by the amount of things I feel like I should know and don't and am also getting used to Dallas though I'm pretty sure we will not live in Dallas longer than we have to, but God is good and I need to remember that and live each day filled with His joy. Tomorrow is going to be a GOOD day as well (especially since it is a real Friday since i am done with cardiology tomorrow at 4 pm and have the weekend off before starting ER on Monday!!!!)

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sara, my friend, you are a jewel and I am blessed to know you.