Thursday, July 2, 2009

goings on

Today seems to have been one of those days when reality sets on. Ever since we have moved out here I have felt like it would be years until school would start, but the reality of it being just around the corner kind of set in today.

Earlier in the day I got this fall's book list for school. Looking at the list kind of freaked me out both because of the cost of it, but also because of the sheer volume of the pages. Wow... This will be interesting for sure. They said that of is not required that we start to read now, but that it would not be a bad idea since things pick up and go so quickly.

Second, I have been trying to figure out some place that I could stay a few nights per week down in Waco to cut down on the 3 hours-per-day-commuting thing. We thought it may be a good idea to cash in on some social capital, and so I called around to a few of the local churches down there to see if they may have any leads. One pastor, who is on vacation, gave me the number for the retired pastor that is filling in for the time and I talked to him today. Super nice guy. Just got done making some fig preserves.

He said he didn't think it would be a problem at all to figure something out and that they already had a few people who may be interested and that they would still announce it in church this Sunday. If all of that fails, he said that him and his wife have a spare bedroom that I could use. Just one warning: they like to stay up until like 12 or 1 am, but they can close the door to the living room. This may be a big answer to prayer. We shall see.

In other news, tomorrow is Sara's first on call shift. That means that she goes in at 6 or so tomorrow morning, works through the night and gets off at like 12 in the afternoon on Saturday. Yep, 30 hours. Just in case that was too boring, she has a 101 temp tonight and may be coming down with something. She said she may go get quick tested for swine flue in the morning just in case... that is the last thing a bunch of super sick heart-patient kids would need.

In other other news, the saddle bags for the motorcycle should be here tomorrow. good times.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Wow...I'm stressed out just reading your blog. I hope all is well and I think that you should just take one day at a time (or 30 hours, as it may be), and God is faithful. I think you guys are great!