It is kind of funny what the internet has done to my life. Thanks to Amazon, I now feel almost totally lost in a book store. I got a gift certificate from some friends to Borders and I had the worst time finding the books I was looking for. Don't get me wrong, I easily found something that I like, but I didn't end up with anything I went in looking for.
There were just books everywhere and so many to look at! I don't know how they had things categorized or anything like that. I am used to typing in what I am looking for, finding it and adding it to my cart. Sometimes more is not better, and I was a bit annoyed not only with the fact that I felt a little lost in one of my favorite places, but that my enjoyment of it has been a bit tainted and distorted by the onset of Amazon. Funny how computers and technology can impact and distort our understanding, and enjoyment of 'familiar' things around us. Oh well. I still left a happy camper!

No comments:
Post a Comment