This year has flown by! To me this year has been fragmented....I associate July to mid October with last school year as I was actually working hard as I did most of my 3rd year of school. October to December was a blur of time spent in Dallas and then flying/driving all over the country interviewing, so that seemed like its own eternity. January floats around somewhere with February merely a memory...maybe that is why it went so fast because in my head it was 3 different parts (although I suppose that should have made it go slower?!?!). And now here we are in March, almost 1 week after the Match where my destiny was determined to be in Dallas (for the next 3 years), 2 days before I leave for Thailand, and instead of packing or sleeping I'm writing a blog. I haven't had more than 5 hours of class/hospital work since November besides a 2 week rotation while in Seattle, and I'm wondering how the heck I am going to be ready to be a doctor here in less than 2 months and start a job where working 80 hours a week is normal, let alone how I am going to treat patients in Thailand who may have different diseases than I am used to seeing and that don't speak the same language as me.
But God is good, He is SO good, and all will fall into place as it already has begun to do, and I will adjust to working my butt off and feeling like an idiot on a daily basis (actually, that still happens even though not working long hours or spending much time in the hospitals), and Thailand will be amazing. Life is such a fantastic whirlwind of an adventure.
Not a whole lot of point to this blog, just that this year has seemed to fly by and I really can't believe I am almost through with medical school and we will soon be moving to Dallas. Yikes :) Time to finish my to do list for tomorrow and go to bed. Lots more on Thailand upon my return!
1 comment:
Sara! I am so stoked that you're coming to my side of the world! God is going to bless your socks off. All we can do is keep on running until He says it's time to quit! You're doing great, and I am super proud to be your friend!!
Post a Comment