Currently killing some time before I can go bed - and for anyone who knows me well sitting down to watch a movie or read will just turn into an earlier bed time. Worked a night shift last night, have tonight off, and then have clinic tomorrow starting at 1 pm followed by a night shift....so trying to stay up a few more hours so I can sleep in a little longer tomorrow to make the night quite as bad. I do love days off, but not knowing whether to flip my body back to a day or night shift is hard. And I'm pretty sure tomorrow in the ER is going to be BUSY! Last night was completely dead. At 3 am there were 2 patients in the whole ER. That is unheard of in the winter - normally by then you are starting to get caught up so the wait is only 1 hour instead of 2. It has been crazy cold and icy here, so no one apparently left their house - not complaining though, great to have a more relaxing night, but I am afraid that once the ice thaws a little more tomorrow people might come out in herds!
I pulled out my fleece lined jeans to go grocery shopping today and was still cold. Dallas is not supposed to have windchills in the single digits. A lot better than most of the country though I guess. Started sewing curtains today too...if they turn out ok i'll put up a picture in a few weeks when they are done. Thank goodness for google - i have been having to look up all the sewing terms as I am quite the novice. I never have been gifted with much craftiness but hopefully I can at least make curtains!
Here are a couple pictures for fun from the past months
Crabbing in the Puget Sound with my sister (excuse the rain gear, it was little rainy and cold)

Visiting our neice and nephew in Arizona last weekend.

Aaron and Lucy and me and Sam (I think we need to get the kids some sunglasses!)
No comments:
Post a Comment