Today is one of those days when my head is reeling with so much excitement I want to dance around in circles, but also thoughts of inadequacy that all I ever do is dance with excitement but never actually put that excitement into action. I'm part of a grant proposal for our residency program to enhance our advocacy training as residents (ie, teach us how to better advocate for children in our communities, politically and through everyday practice as a doctor through establishing and partnering with community programs, lobbying, etc). I have been working with a couple other like-minded residents and attending physicians who are very inspiring and came away from a meeting today just full of thoughts. But I feel like often on these topics I get so excited, but don't have the tools and skills to make any of the thoughts I have come to fruition. Hopefully by being surrounded by people with much more experience than I things may actually happen.
On a different note, here are the curtains I made a week or two back when I made myself stay up till the wee hours of the morn to stay on a night schedule during ER. I got kinda ambitious and when buying the fabric from the ties bought fabric and a pattern to make linen pants and a skirt...we'll see when they actually get made...maybe on the next rotation where I need to stay up most of the night!
1 comment:
Yay, friend! That is so exciting that you are surrounded by people of the same mind as you, and now maybe your ideas can really make a difference to a lot of people. I'm proud of you for using the mind God gave you to change your little corner of the world. You're doing good, Sara! :)
Post a Comment