Wednesday, December 15, 2010

over the hills and through the traffic

Last night was a perfect night for a bike ride.  I was in the upper 50's with only a light breeze, and so Sara and I dutifully loaded our bikes up on the car.  We met a friend of ours and over 300 other people we didn't know.  It was the annual night bike ride with a local biking club to ride through the neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights.

It was crazy awesome.

I guess last year they said they had like 60 people and then this year well over 300 showed up for it.  People had their bikes all decked out in lights and some people were dressed all festive like - some even towing bike trailers with stereos playing Christmas music.  I often felt a bit bad for some of the cars that had to wait for a huge train of bikes to pass (the bikes did stop intermittently to let the cars though - not quite that mean).

The neighborhood we went through was one of the nicer ones around and many of the people there actually pay people to 'professionally' put up lights for them.  So, some are pretty cool displays.  A good number of people would come out to watch all the bikes pass.  I thought it was really ironic - we were their to look at their houses and they came out to look at us looking at them.  Anyways - here are some pics....

Sara and a friend.
From A Step Beyond

On the campus of SMU.
From A Step Beyond

Some houses and some bikes...
From A Step Beyond

1 comment:

Krista said...

That is supercool! Good work!