Monday, December 13, 2010

a mile or two (+ 11)

So I realize that a lot of the time, the posts on the blog here are probably a bit boring for most people.  I blame it on the fact that we have fairly consistently boring and routine lives here in the wild west.  But, at times, we actually do things.  Sara ran a half marathon here in Dallas about two weeks ago or so, and while I forgot to take the camera and so there are no pictures, I thought I would at least share a bit of non-academic life with ya'll.

It was one of the more fun route for me, as a dedicated spectator, as it was accessible, pretty close to our house, and I could follow for a good bit by bike.  It was  a bit cold when they started - about 31 degrees out - and it probably only hit upper 30s by they time she was done.  Sara dominated despite not having too much time to train with living at the hospital and sometimes sleeping.

She was a bad ass anyways though:  Her time was 1 hour and 43 minutes; came in 41st in her category (out of 1090 people); came in 141st overall in women (out of 5692 people).

2 comments:

Hannah said...

wow!!!! Great job, Sara!

Krista said...

Good work! Both of you! :)