One of the things that I love most about our new place is that we are right across the street from one of the nicer residential areas of dallas. It is great because it is fun to drive through it and look at all of the massive and unique houses. All of them are different from one another since they are before the days of cookie-cutter homes that merely have different colors of shutters to differentiate them. It is also a great area to go running and biking. The streets are all nice and smooth for biking, with relatively little traffic. It is pretty well shaded for running, with massive trees lining the streets.
Today I wanted to share one of the more interesting houses that is out there. Sara calls it the mushroom house, and I think of it as the Dr. Seuss house. It has a high, nonuniform sloping tiled roof that also has curvy and flowing edges (where is meets the walls). It also has this tent-like thing surrounding one side of it. We are not really sure what that part is - whether it is just a big, weird covered patio or what. This place is massive though.
check it:
View Larger Map
3 comments:
Looks like a sweet neighborhood. Don't even know what type of architecture that is.
yeah man, it is crazier in person. next time you are here we will have to drive by it.
I feel like I should be careful not to step on any Smurfs or something. It looks like their mushroom houses! Crazy Americans...
Post a Comment