Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How it's Done


How it's Done, originally uploaded by a b franzen.

Day 40

I don't know how some people do it. I don't know how some people live alone and have full-time jobs that require a lot of hours per week. Even more than that, I don't know how single mom's do what they do, either. I mean, I go in all early, stay a long time, and there is just enough time to eat and maybe something else for a little bit - then off to bed to start over. Maybe it is just me, too.

The other thing this pic made me think about is the effect that a high stress job can have on me. It is a massive time-black hole and while there, there is no time at all to stop and take a break. This kind of rolls over into my non-work time, and even makes it hard to fall asleep because I am thinking about it.

I think I need that time to just stop and think. Stop and read. Stop and dream. When I don't it kind of makes me feel like I am stuck in a cave or something, with little light of day making it to the bottom and partially stagnant air kept as company. That is why I am not always sure if it is actually stress that effects me, or just the result of the cluttered, dim, and uncontrollable feeling induced by spending too much time in that cave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this sentiment reminds me of how if feel after a long day with a cranky toddler...job or no job.