Monday, November 12, 2012

look out below

Well, it has been a bit since the last post.  Lots has happened and I was going to just do a photo dump with short captions and call it good.  I may still do that, but it still takes longer than just writing something quick and short, although not so much a re-cap.  But lets face it... who really likes really long blogs anyways?  The sugar to help the medicine of a blog go down is brevity.

A week ago I finished up SCUBA diving training and got the first certification.  The open water dive was a TX experience for sure.  It was at a SCUBA park that was out in the country:


View Larger Map

Driving out, the view is of rolling Texas nothing with cows grazing.  Stroll through the small town of Terrell, which I think may be best described by the picture below, which is an actual picture I found that someone else took.


The water was super murky, so we could only see like 5 or 10 feet down there.  They did have two boats sunk, but with few fish and no plants and, surprisingly, no coral, the boats are not so much fun.  Apparently the have an airplane under there somewhere, too.  Didn't see that.  Probably touched it at some point though.

Other new experience was fire ants.  They are terrible.  Pain - not so bad.  Itch - thought of having my feet amputated, but had second thoughts that this may be extreme.  Cheers.

No comments: