Last night I went to see a concert put on at our church and it was probably one of the best I have ever been to. I got to thinking about how different music seems now with the advent of the internet and all. I think that a majority of the music that I listen to as of late is not stuff that is played on the radio or anything like that and I have just stumbled upon in various different ways. This is really good for many small bands that I am not sure would have been able to exist in the past very much. This is why Noisetrade.com is interesting. For the most part, besides bands that get radio time, most others spread through network connections and these connections are more valuable to them than record sales in a certain way. So, they give their music away for free in exchange for a network connection to me as the consumer. When that connection is made, they can sell stuff like t-shirts or CDs at a price that allows them a greater return, they keep people updated on shows they play, and very often, these same connections will fund their next record production in return for a free song or two. Interesting.
The venue is great for awesome shows because it is huge but intimate at the same time and has great acoustics. I was going to write something about how and why shows like that succeed at producing connections with the audience and producing positive collective feelings and how that relates to/is similar to the feeling of writing an interesting/creative paper or something, but I doubt most anyone who reads this is interested in that.
The first band was Fox and the Bird. Check it:
The second was Gregory Alan Isakov, which was really great. Violin (or fiddle, maybe?), cello and an acoustic guitar = win. Check it: Big Black Car by Gregory Alan Isakov on Grooveshark
Anyways, grades are in and summer studying has started.
1 comment:
Krista
said...
Nice! I could definitely enjoy a concert of those two groups. I liked their sounds a lot!
1 comment:
Nice! I could definitely enjoy a concert of those two groups. I liked their sounds a lot!
Post a Comment