Saturday, April 7, 2012

Costa Rica!

Here are some Costa Rica pics for those of you who have stayed strong and resisted the commodification of personal information known as Facebook....

 Here is the first place that we stayed... right on the beach!  This also also the beach we went running on in that last post.

 We went caving.  Here is Sara climbing down into the caves...

 which were lovely.

 The last night at this beach we staying in one of the 'tree house' rooms that you can see in the first pic.  It was nice.

 Beach.

 Breakfast was included.  And breakfast was good.  Everyday.

 Then we went to the rain forest.  This is where we stayed there.  On a ranch.

 Then we went to stay near Arenal volcano.  We went on a hike to a lagoon at the top of a dormant volcano, and it was super rainy, steep, muddy, and fun.

 But it was also anticlimactic as visibility was terrible.  But we brought mangoes up with us and that helped.

 Here is Arenal.

 And our trusty little Jimny.  He got us through some tough times.

 Beach at Manuel Antonio.  It was also lovely.

 And we got to see three-toed sloths in the wild!

 And this beach was also very nice.  I am a much happier beach-goes when we have our hammock along.

 There were wild monkeys all over.  Sara was super, super excited about this.

 Sunset dinner and drinks...


 We rode horses to a 'waterfall' and a swimming hole in a river/creek (dry season).

 We also went to Irazu volcano.  It was pretty neat.

And the countryside was also really nice.

I am sure we will have some more pics when Sara gets home with hers.  These were just some of the pics that I had on my camera.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I love that picture of your hammock! That could definitely be a postcard. Good work.

Krista said...

Or it could be a puzzle! I would totally do that puzzle.