Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's a Miracle!

A friend of ours gave us these pills. Told it they are awesome. One for each of us. Last weekend we had some time, and so we thought we would give them a whirl. You know, see what would happen.

They are Miracle Berry Pills, and are supposed to be made of the Synsepalum Dulcificum berry, known as the miracle berry, which increases the perceived sweetness of food. Apparently this has been around for a long time. Anyway, you put the pill in your mouth and let it dissolve. Then you eat something, we did citrus fruit, and it will taste much sweeter. It actually worked. The lemons actually tasted like I was eating lemonade, the grapefruit was really good, and the lime was good, too. I think by the time I got to the limes it was starting to wear off a little bit and it was still a bit sour, but good. If you see them around, you should but them and try 'em. Actually, you may need to get them on the internet. From somewhere in Asia. Or something.

From Photostream

4 comments:

Krista said...

Whoa. I think they're actually from West Africa. I'm glad you wrote more than the first paragraph, because you were sounding seriously narcotic there.

aaron said...

haha, yeah, i almost left it because it sounded funny. The berry may be from Africa somewheres, but the pills were def. Asian. There was no English on the box anywhere...

Krista said...

Nice. Are we talking complex Chinese characters, half super-simple / half-complex Japanese characters, circles and curved lines (Korean characters), or kind of Arabic looking characters?

aaron said...

I am going to go with somewhat complex, but what do i know. take a look: http://goo.gl/c5WE2