Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An attempt at shorter blogs - I think I failed

Some randomness about life lately
-I'm currently watching Raising Hope, a new show that comes on after Glee that surprisingly my Mom told me to watch, but is really quite appalling to watch as a Pediatrician (but does make me laugh)

- Good week - margaritas 2 nights in a row ;) (last night we had a 2nd year residency dinner at a Mexican place as we all had the night off in preparation for a "resident as teachers" session today, and then as part of the session we all had dinner at one of the attendings house tonight...and don't worry, margaritas weren't what made it a good week, more just time off hanging out with friends.

-Went to San Francisco 2 weekends ago for the American Academy of Pediatrics conference. Interesting experience, very enlightening about politics of such a big organization, great to see the neat things people are doing in peds all around the country and enjoyed seeing San Franscisco with one of my medical school friends (quite a bit different experience than the last time I was there on a mission trip during high school).

-Went to a little bit of the Gold Humanism Honor Society conference here in Dallas next weekend. Awesome conference and very inspiring as the overall idea of the Society is to create compassionate caring doctors who put patients first and encourage humanities/creative arts within medicine. So many people doing amazing things in medical school and residency education!

-Loving the weather here in Dallas. The kind of weather I wish all summer was like, although I miss leaves changing color. Evenings and mornings are still a little crisp though, so still feels a little fallish despite temps in the 80's most days

Enough randomness for now.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

sara, please move to the mountains when we have our kids (as if that will ever happen!). i bet you have a lot to contribute to your coworkers and the profession. what are your plans for thanksgiving?