Monday, March 15, 2010

back to the grind

We just got back last night from our spring break trip. We went to the Grand Canyon with plans of backpacking in, and then going on to Phoenix to see my sister, brother-in-law, and little Lucy. I think it is safe to say that the defining word for the trip would probably be change or flexible, as many of the things we meant to do, wanted to do, or planned to do didn't happen, ha.

We knew there would be some snow and ice at the Grand Canyon and that is cool and all. Makes for a more fun steep hiking trail. We camped on the rim the first night and most of the entire camp site was under snow. When I booked the site much of the camp was booked up, but when we got there, there were only two other campers braving the cold. It snowed a bit on us that night, but then it started to snow more and more throughout the day and we ended up not backpacking down in because of the weather. The snow wouldn't have been too bad, but down further into the canyon it would have been rain and we weren't really too prepared to get wet and not freeze. We still hiked down a bit that day and decided to just go back and hang out on the rim because visibility was only like 50 feet at times and so we couldn't even see anything. It ended up snowing like 6 or 7 inches.

Then we went to see Luce and family, which was lovely. We got to do some manual labor by helping with the patio they are making, went to a spring training game (Indians and Angels), and picked some citrus from some people's yard they know. Because of the picking, we ended up juicing for a few hours (I got a bit excited and we ended up with probably around 100 lemons).

Someday here I will get the pictures all done and post them. May help tell the story a bit better. :) Now we are back to our half-put-together house... I wish I was better at organizing and finding a home for things.

No comments: