Monday, December 21, 2009

[Untitled]


[Untitled], originally uploaded by a b franzen.

Yesterday it was 65 here.

It has been really nice being off of school so far. Sara and I have been able to do a lot of stuff together since being off and being home more (taking into account that she is not off, of course). Yesterday we went running around this little 'lake' nearby to enjoy the beautiful day out.

We also went to a new church to change things up a bit and to see if we can find some friends. It occurred to me that Christmas was actually this week, and it doesn't feel much like Christmas. Partly I thought of this because this church focused on Advent in their service and I hadn't realized until then that I don't think the other church had even mentioned the existence of Advent.

Sara has to work on Christmas day, but should get off relatively early in the day. As such, we are going to have any of the other residents that will be around over for Christmas dinner. Should be a good time. We have 3 takers so far. Maybe later this week it will feel like Christmas more.

Yesterday it was 65 here.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Yeah, I hear that! It doesn't feel like Christmas here either. But it is supposed to snow on Tuesday, so that should help. By the way, good job going running with your wife. :)

Karen Franzen said...

I'm glad you are getting to spend some time together. That would take some getting used to for it to be 65 and almost Christmas. It is snowing here right now. It's a soft, big flake kind of snow. It looks like in a snow globe. Quite pretty.