Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bill Gates is a bad-ass

[found this post in our 'drafts' and thought I would just put it up.]

So I never thought I would think of Bill Gates as a bad-ass, but at least in this instance he is.  Not all that long ago he stepped aside as the one running Microsoft so that he could devote himself full time to philanthropy.  That is pretty sweet.

What is even more cool, however, is that he seems to be attempting to make a difference in unconventional ways.  For example, recently he was at a big tech conference and wanted to make a point.  He released a cloud of mosquitos into the convention center in order to make a point about the dangers of malaria.  He said, "malaria is spread by mosquitoes.  I brought some here... there is no reason only poor people should be infected."  Of course these mosquitoes were not carriers, but still, nice work. 

No comments: