Wednesday, February 3, 2010

post call fun

Man, it has been a bit since anything was posted here... so here is a piece of our lives...

My favorite part of Sara's 30 hour shifts at the hospital is when she wakes up in the evening after she gets home. I think for the same reason that it is my favorite part, it is probably one of her least favorite parts - but that is alright.

When she wakes up she is totally disoriented with things and so she says and does the funniest stuff. She always tells me that she wants to get up at a certain time and so I go in to wake her up. One time when I went in there she started to ask me for the kid's charts so that she could check on something. At first I was not sure what she was talking about and so I asked her and so she kept saying something else about some levels for them or something... good times.

The best is when she mixes things that are contextually correct with things that are not. The other day she was working on getting up for like an hour or something like that and we had to make some meatloaf for dinner. I yelled in the other room to ask her if she was sleeping again. She said that she wasn't but was thinking about making the meat loaf - makes sense. but then she said that she wasn't sure how the kids wanted it or something about making our dinner for the kids (as if she was still at work and had to feed them or something).

I was thinking about how it would be funny if at some point I was so tired from stuff that I would wake up and talk about how to make meatloaf seasoned with things like religious economies or constant religious demand with varied preferences or something. Probably wouldn't be as funny though...

1 comment:

Krista said...

Haha, but it would make for a good blog post! ;)