Well, it has been a while now since we have posted anything so I thought I would put up some pics of our time in Colorado for New Years. It was really good to be back there again to see family and friends, and also to see and get reacquainted with the mountains.
We opened some gifts the first night that we were there. My parents were really excited about it and it took a lot of work to make them wait until the end of night to open them. Or... maybe that was me. Can't remember.
We also had an awesome fondue dinner one of the nights. We had a cheese fondue appetizer, followed by marinated steak and marinated shrimp for dinner. It was lovely. Here are the kids with the spread...
We also went by the Denver Art Museum (DAM for short - not just because that is more fun). The DAM neighborhood has some really cool architecture, and the DAM building itself is really cool. There are no 90 degree angles in the DAM building, and apparently some people can get vertigo when they are inside of the DAM.
We also went on a short snowshoeing trip. We hiking up to a small alpine lake called Lost Lake. The snow was a bit packed, but it was still fun. It was blazing cold out, strong winds, and snowing a little bit for the trip.
Now we are back in Dallas doin' out thing. Sara is working, and I am... slaving away... at something really important. I have been looking around this week for a possible new place to live. It has been a bit of fun. I take our handheld GPS with me and mark the locations of each place, go home and put the locations into Google Earth so that we can see where they are and do street view to look at them and remember which is which. Yesterday I found a bit over 40 places in the nearby neighborhood. Obviously not all of them have turned out to be what we are looking for, but Google Earth has been a more fun way to keep track of them all. School starts back up on Monday for me and I am already missing the Christmas break.
4 comments:
Haha, I thoroughly appreciated this blog. The whole DAM thing was funny! But my favorite part was the Chinglish in the snowshoeing paragraph. Good work!
ha - i totally had to re-read that paragraph a few times to get what you are talking about. I did that just for you. :)
Thanks, yo.
I hope you both enjoyed the visit as much as we did! Great recap of the time in CO on your blog.
Post a Comment